Our client a PLC is a truly market leading brand with multiple sites in the UK.
We are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their site based in Gaydon, Warwickshire (you will like the products that they engineer!) - its an exciting place to work offering the flexibility of a hybrid working scenario (probably 2/3 days per week office/home) and a half day on a Friday!
They may also be open to candidate looking for reduced hours C 30 hours a week
The Tax Manager will primarily be responsible for the preparation and submission of the UK corporation returns for the group, together with assisting the Senior Group Tax Manager with quarterly tax reporting obligations and statutory accounts notes.
Bringing the compliance cycle in-house for the first time will provide the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to create an in-house tax compliance process.
The job is however not limited to compliance and reporting, with the successful candidate having the opportunity to actively assist the tax team with wider tax activities including transfer pricing, management of the annual R&D claim and coordination of tax risk management.
This is also an opportunity for candidates to enhance their knowledge in advances taxation policies
Key Duties &
- Preparation for internal review of the UK corporation tax returns for the group, including active management of relevant tax claims and elections.
- Preparation for internal review of the UK corporate interest restriction calculations and return.
- Assistance with all IFRS tax reporting obligations of the group, which are prepared at quarterly intervals.
- Preparation of the UK statutory accounts tax disclosures under FRS 102.
- Review of overseas tax returns and assistance with data collation.
- Assisting with global direct tax considerations on management and business driven projects.
- Directly inputting into the tax risk management of the group in accordance with our Board approved tax strategy, with a focus on SAO compliance, the group Tax Risk Register and the Corporate Criminal Offence.
- Plan and carry out work required to respond to HMRC enquiries, routine HMRC meetings or audits.
- Actively maintaining a strong tax technical knowledge base to then communicate relevant tax updates internally.
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful applicant will have an accounting and / or tax qualification, a strong academic background and a proven track record gained from a professional services firm or a large corporate plc. The broad nature of the role demands a high level of commercial awareness and a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Professional qualification in accounting and / or tax
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Actively motivated for continuous self-improvement and tax technical development
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of tax practices, policies and methodologies, together with an understanding of the requirements of IAS 12 would be great but not essential
What you can expect:
- Hybrid working between home and office
- 26 days holiday to start plus bank holidays
- Salary of between £54-60k DOE and Qualification
- Performance related annual bonus scheme
- Half day on a Friday!
- Contributory pension and more
- The chance to work for one of the UKs leading brands
- Attractive vehicle scheme
If you do not have an up to date CV but would like a conversation about this role, please contact Gavin Reynolds for a conversation.