Robertson Bell are supporting a multi-billion-pound organisation, with offices based across Birmingham and London, to recruit an interim Controls and Assurance Executive on an initial nine-month contract.
Our client is fast approaching their "busy season", which will see an increase in the workload of the Internal Controls and Assurance team, and thus an experienced interim professional is required to provide critical support during this period.
The role will be worked on a hybrid basis, with two days per week required in either of the aforementioned locations, both of which are highly accessible by public transport.
The interim Internal Controls and Assurance Executive's key responsibilities include:
- Playing a key role in the implementation, development, and maintenance of a robust internal control framework to ensure compliance with organisational policies and external regulations.
- Maintaining the integrity of data and information held within systems through comprehensive internal audits and engaging with external bodies to support their audit process.
- Providing assurance on business cases to manage and mitigate financial, alongside any other possible, risks.
- Supporting both internal and external stakeholders with queries relating to control, assurance and risk processes, offering guidance as a subject matter expert.
This role would be well suited to a motivated, proactive, interim professional with expertise across one, or more, of the below bullet-pointed areas:
- Internal Controls and Assurance
- Internal Audit and Risk
- Policy and Governance
- External Audit
A UK-recognised accounting or audit qualification is desired however, active studiers and those qualified by experience are also encouraged to apply. Attention to detail is essential and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are also of the upmost importance, alongside the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
If you are available at short notice, interested in this opportunity, and hold the required experience then please don't hesitate to submit your application now. Due to the speed at which the recruitment process is moving, this role is highly likely to be filled prior to the advert close date.
This contract has been deemed Inside IR35 and will be paid via an Umbrella Company.