This high growth Manufacturing organisation on the Wirral are recruiting for an Interim Management Accountant on an initial 3-6 month basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, your core duties will include;
- Working with assigned business partners to develop an understanding of departmental goals, then translating these into financial targets and budgets.
- Building the annual budget for nominated departments and securing buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Producing regular reforecasts using business knowledge of current performance trends.
- Gathering data for the production of longer-term forecasting.
- Generating standardised management reports that provide insightful performance analysis in a timely manner.
- Carrying out financial analysis to investigate deviations from target performance, working with the business partners to initiate timely interventions.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the cost levers underpinning financial performance and sharing this with business partners to initiate improvements where possible.
- Developing skills to utilise the ERP system and other supporting tools to automate as much reporting as possible, freeing up more time for analysis.
- Meeting with business partners on a regular basis to build successful relationships, resulting in better business knowledge and increased commercial acumen.
- Collaborating with other team members to maintain a high performing finance function.
- Seeking opportunities to continually develop skills and management accounting expertise.
- Qualified or part-qualified in a recognised accountancy qualification
- Management accounting experience gained in a process manufacturing industry e.g. chemicals or oils
- Experience of working with business partners in an engineering or production management role
- Previous use of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Experience of using alternative data warehousing or reporting tools such as Hyperion, Power BI or others
- Use of all Microsoft Office packages with strong Excel skills
- Good communication skills - able to interpret complex financial data and explain it simply.
- Evidence of initiative - self-starter, developing new ways of reporting or analysing data.
- Analytical skills - comfortable working with large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Interpersonal skills - able to form successful working relationships.
- Reporting skills - produce quality analysis or output that is meaningful to recipients.
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate looking for the chance to get their foot in the door in a fantastic, high growth, international manufacturing business on the Wirral on an initial short term contract.