IRC219887 - SENIOR MARKET RISK ANALYST
, we are looking for a Senior Market Risk Analyst
. You will be responsible on real-time front-line control and business information for the management and traders, including daily PNL, risk reporting and risk analysis. You will be participating to projects to improve the ETRM and supporting broader commercial activities. About EGEM
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalization of €33bn and has a €70bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In January 2021, Eni integrated the Gas, LNG, Power & Emission related activities to form Eni Global Energy Markets. EGEM internationally trades Gas, LNG, Power & Emissions and Oil derivatives (mainly to hedge GLP Business contracts) while maintaining the full capabilities and trading activities of the former ETS GLP business. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables Eni to capture additional business opportunities in the market, EGEM will carry out physical and financial transactions on behalf of Eni Group and other activities related to management of the opportunity and flexibility of Eni's portfolio of assets. EGEM's headquarter office is in Milan, the company also has offices in London, Brussels and Singapore.
Eni has a substantial and growing LNG supply portfolio, with a global reach. The current 5.5Mtpa portfolio is expected to double in size over the next five years, with growth coming predominantly from Eni's own upstream assets. As a member of CFO Team at EGEM will be responsible for:
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Producing, reviewing, and distributing daily PNL and risk reports and follow up any issue with relevant teams.
- Ensuring that all risk limits are adhered to and assist in implementing new limits/reallocating existing ones when necessary.
- Assisting in identifying significant risk drivers within the business, ensuring transparency with senior management.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of current LNG market signposts and trends.
- Supporting Front Office in new products and non-standard products approvals.
- Participate in the enhancement and development of ETRM systems and reporting platforms.
- Assist in defining forward curves methodologies for accurate mark to market and fair value reporting.
- Contributing to the month/quarter-end activities with Back Office/Accounting for the relevant portfolios.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with different functions - e.g., Front Office, Back Office, IT, Planning & Control and Finance.
- Guaranteeing compliance of trading procedures with relevant controls and support internal and external audit requests.
- University MSc (or above) in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering disciplines.
- Relevant experience (4-5 years) in market risk/product control role from trading companies or banks;
- Strong knowledge of derivatives trading;
- Strong knowledge of the LNG market and its main dynamics;
- Good knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing and scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of one or more ETRM systems would be an advantage (especially Endur by Open Link);
- Strong and solid knowledge of MS Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills;
- Matlab & SQL knowledge as a plus;
- Highly organised;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Results-oriented approach;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of English
London Contract type: Permanent
At Eni, people are the key to our success
, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process . Together we have greater energy.