c £70,000 plus excellent career development and opportunities, full benefits package & bonus
Based in Luton with shuttle bus service from Luton Parkway Station
Flexibility to work on a hybrid basis
The Finance Manager - Group Statutory Reporting is an integral member within the Group Financial Reporting team. The team are accountable for monthly Group management accounts, managing the month end close and CFO sign-off. Producing monthly CFO reporting and Plc performance reports. For the Group's external financial reporting the team deliver the Group Annual Report and Accounts and half year disclosure working closely with Investor Relations.
The Finance Manager - Group Financial Reporting is responsible for the production of the Group statutory reporting, Group statutory cash flow and Plc reporting. The role owns the relationship with key 3rd party suppliers in our Annual Report process and co-ordinates across the wider finance teams to deliver high-quality 'fair, balanced and understandable' external financial reporting. Key to the success of this role is a focus on quality output, financial integrity, and insightful commentary.
- Ownership for the delivery of monthly and Plc board reporting packs with commentary
- Prepare "back half" of the Annual Report and the Interim Report and ensure compliance with Group accounting policies and standards
- Responsible for producing the interim and year end statutory cash flow
- Prepare sections and project manage the production of "front half" of the Annual Report, engaging heavily with stakeholders across all levels and areas
- Act as first point of contact for auditor queries, resolving where appropriate
- Benchmark external reporting against best practice and comparator group
- Ownership of 3rd party relationship with the production company for the Annual Report & Accounts
- Supports the robustness of the internal financial control environment
This is a senior role and as such there is a large degree of self-management. Delegated authorities outline the business authorities but this role has a high degree of day to day accounting responsibility.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant PQE
- Significant prior experience and involvement in the annual report preparation process, including the production of financial statements, notes and disclosures
- Ability to build relationships and influence that enable challenge to stakeholder inputs and holding to account for the integrity of the accounting submissions
- Proven ability to digest, interpret and apply accounting policies and standards
- Able to communicate at all levels up to Plc Board
- Ability to find problems, formulate solutions and drive change.
- A true self- starter (and finisher), with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.