We have an excellent role for a finance manager to join a well-established, growing services business in Wigan. This is a new role for the business and the finance manager will play a pivotal role in the next phase of growth, as the company continues to grow both organically and by acquisition. The finance manager will have daily exposure to senior stakeholders and will have plenty of autonomy in their role as well as the opportunity to grow with the business.
- Ownership of the preparation of monthly management accounts and report packs including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Leadership and development of an experienced accounts team of 4
- Deputising for the head of finance in management and board meetings
- Assist the head of finance with the annual budgeting process and provide regular reforecasts to group.
- Business partner with all sites to manage risk, ensuring financial controls are in place and MI is reliable.
- Co-ordinate and manage the annual audit; acting as the liaison for the external auditors and assisting with any tax queries
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement of processes and systems to maximise efficiencies within the department
- Lead on a number of key projects including the implementation of new technologies within both operations and finance teams
- Qualified accountant - ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Leader who enjoys developing and motivating a team
- Excellent commercial acumen to deliver relevant, accurate analysis for senior stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems and advanced excel skills to build reports to aid decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent communicator who can build credible relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, self motivated individual
In return, the company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a friendly, inclusive working culture, a hybrid working pattern of 2 days in the office, three from home and the opportunity to build a career with a growing group.