We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Assistant Group Accountant to join an experienced legal finance team at a renowned international law firm.
Our client has a history going back to the late 1800s when they were established in the City of London. They opened their first overseas office in the 1970s and now have offices in ten locations across the globe. With over 500 lawyers worldwide, they are a dynamic, commercial firm and leaders in their specialist business areas.
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager in working closely with International Office Finance Managers and FP&A team colleagues to ensure consistent application of accounting policies and practices across the firm and adherence to firm guidelines.
- Responsible for overseeing monthly management accounts submissions by all offices.
- Reviewing office p&ls and office balance sheet composition and reconciliation schedules, following up with offices where questions arise.
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager in respect of monthly bank reconciliation reviews.
- Ensuring consistency of posting treatment in the General Ledger throughout the firm to enable meaningful firm-wide comparison by p&l and balance sheet categorisations.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager in the review of budgeted overheads during the annual budget process and co-ordinate required amendments in Cognos TM1 with International Office Finance Managers. Ensuring costs to be recharged from London to international offices are correctly included in the budget model and communicated accordingly.
- Working with internal audit where their fieldwork identifies areas of weakness that could be addressed via improved controls and practices at an operational level, and helping to implement such improvements where it is appropriate for these be driven by the FP&A Team.
- Assisting with the co-ordination and delivery of information requested by the firm's external auditors during their fieldwork.
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager to proactively establish where improvements to financial processes and policies are required through review, investigation and proposal of practical solutions.
- Studying towards the ACCA accounting qualification.
- Experience working in the legal sector, professional services, or audit thereof.
- Strong focus on General Ledger management and housekeeping required.
- Elite 3E Practice Management System experience an advantage but not essential.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills. Desire to develop technical skills with ability to locate, evaluate and relay relevant data as meaningful value-added information to wide variety of recipients.
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.