Competitive Plus Bonus Plus Pensions
Alliance Healthcare is a leading international provider of pharmaceutical wholesaling, logistics, support with clinical trials, and other innovative healthcare services and solutions to independent pharmacists and pharmaceutical manufacturers across Europe and beyond. It is an exciting time for Alliance Healthcare as we have recently joined forces with AmerisourceBergen. We are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. AmerisourceBergen is ranked#8 on the Fortune 500.
We have an essential role in the medical supply chain, and everything that we do as a company will ultimately impact the end-user, the patient. Our responsibility is to offer a reliable service that ensures that our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
AB Internal Audit provides assurance to the AB Audit Committee and other key stakeholders in relation to the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls.
About the Role
We're on the lookout for two Senior Auditors to join our busy international team.
As a Senior Auditor, you will plan and deliver specific internal audit assignments from the annual audit plan, develop and execute effective project methodologies, communicate telling and value-adding report contributions, and lead other departmental projects/initiatives.
- You will be responsible for planning and conducting each assigned audit and project following the Global Internal Audit methodology, professional standards and AmerisourceBergen policies.
- You will execute a range of audit techniques, including data analysis tools and procedures, adapting audit execution strategies, fieldwork approaches and evidence gathering techniques to test the effectiveness and efficiency of complex business processes.
- You will be producing clear, balanced, contextualised, challenging and high-quality draft audit report contributions (of varying degrees of complexity) for efficient review by the Audit Manager, which summarises internal control and audit issues identified from fieldwork.
- You will validate findings with auditees and management.
- You will develop and agree on quality and value-adding action plans with auditees and management, which are adequate, appropriate, and proportionate to the required risk remediation work.
- You will work with relevant stakeholders to track the completion of all agreed actions required to rectify audit issues identified during audits and escalate any overdue efforts as needed.
- You will build effective internal and external networks, develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships (including internal audit co-sourcing partners), and actively make the Internal Audit Department a respected and valued partner within the organisation.
- You will deliver assignments across a complex international business, requiring extensive business knowledge, vital networking and relationship-building skills, as well as the ability to recognise and adapt to different cultures and ways of working.
Experience and Educational Requirements
You will have Professional qualifications (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA, CMIIA or equivalent) or (formally) qualified internal auditor (CIA). You will have Technical expertise and knowledge of professional internal audit practices, governance, risk management and internal controls, with relevant internal audit experience and transferable skills.
You will have Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrable ability to summarise, compellingly explain and present technical issues and solutions for a non-technical audience.
You will have the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility, and ingenuity.
You will have previous knowledge/experience and a keen interest in internal auditing, corporate governance, risk management and internal controls, combined with practical experience of their professional application in complex international organisations.
Sound working knowledge of financial reporting standards (US GAAP, IFRS), Sarbanes-Oxley (or equivalent) compliance programmes, and integrated assurance would be advantageous.
What we'll do with your data
We will hold your information for as long as the position you have applied to is open and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information before this, please let us know.
Our vision is to build a culture where diversity, equality, and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do, powering more outstanding teamwork and innovation and inspiring us to help people across the world lead happier, healthier lives. We are an equal opportunities employer on a mission to attract, develop and engage employees who reflect the diverse customers, patients, and communities we serve, and to foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued, and excited to drive superior business performance.