About Studio 71
Studio71 is a global media company that distributes premium, brand safe content across all video platforms. Studio71 publishes over 1,800 partnered creator channels that generate over 13 billion monthly views across YouTube, Connected TVs, and social media platforms. The S71 sales division connects advertisers with Studio71's top digital creators for targeted media campaigns and custom branded content. A Red Arrow Studios company, Studio71 is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto and London.
Overview of the role/ vacancy
Due to internal changes and promotions, we are looking to hire a permanent employee within the finance team to manage the day-to-day operations and month end processes. We are looking for a highly organised, forward-thinking finance professional to join the team. This position will be responsible for managing and reporting on all aspects of the Company's finances. It is a varied role and ideal for someone looking to build on their existing skills with the opportunity to step up in their career as the company grows.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, decision maker, and providing regular financial reporting. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Company Directors, this is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role within the business.
- Responsible for the financial transaction management (revenue and margin) of all revenue streams within the business
- To understand the financial results, partner with the wider teams to ensure the numbers reported are a true representation of business activity
- Review and approve client (sales) statements/contracts within SalesForce to ensure transactions are accurate and complete
- Calculate and record month end journals, including accrued/deferred revenue, accruals, and prepayments
- Revenue recognition is a key part and ensuring the accounting treatment of revenue and impact of deliverables is recorded correctly
- Responsible for the communication of monthly management account information and estimates to our investors (TM1 uploads)
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet codes and support the Finance Assistant with their input
- Prepare and submit the monthly VAT returns.
- Manage the receivables inbox for Studio 71 UK
- Improve the overall cash position of the business by administering and tracking aged receivables due to the business and communicating this to the Finance Director regularly
- Act as the delegate, and support, to the Financial Assistant as required
- Perform ad-hoc Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for the Finance Director
- Help identify and implement improvements to the S71 UK Financial Control environment
- Management of the company accounts and finances
- Accurate processing of source data with regular reconciliation of creditor balances
- Processing monthly prepayments / accruals and reconciliations
- Producing cash flow forecasts
- Proactive monitoring of aged balances - producing supplier payment schedules and credit control of due debtor balances
- Submission and reconciliation of statutory liabilities (quarterly VAT returns, PVA statements, PAYE) adhering to deadlines at all times
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts, providing analysis and guidance to company Directors
Who we are looking for
- Salesforce and Xero preferred
- Have an analytical mindset with an ability to proactively drive change
- Good time management
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excel and modelling expertise
- Experience creating statutory accounts but not compulsory
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
- Experience of AP and AR
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experienced in producing budgets
- Experience running annual audit
In addition, candidates must have:
• First class written and verbal communication skills, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
• We need someone who is proactive in ideas, concepts and how to execute them effectively.
What you can expect in return:
- Shoreditch based office
- Hybrid working
- Fun and positive culture
- 28 days holiday plus the bank holidays, plus your birthday off
- Additional pension contributions
- Linked In Learning access
- Mental health support
- Escape Days / Mental health days
- A social committee
- Discounts across retail stores
- Employee assistance programme, with access to virtual private GPs
- Medicash, cash plan**
- Discounts at over 3000 gyms nationwide**
- Life assurance***
** Available after completion of probation period.
*** Available after 12 months service.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to creating a diverse pool of employees, with a wide range of skills, backgrounds and knowledge. We want all our team members to feel included, equal and free to be themselves.
We treat all candidates fairly and welcome applications from all, including under-represented groups. We do not discriminate on grounds of age, race, colour, origin, religion and belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability or any other basis as protected by law.
Applicants will be assessed based on demonstrated knowledge of the entertainment industry, experience, work ethic, and ability to meet and exceed KPIs.