Monex Europe Limited is a corporate FX and hedging provider based in the City of London, and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as a payments services firm.
Monex Europe Limited is part of the wider financial services group, Monex SAB de CV ("Monex"), an investment grade, publicly listed financial services institution. A specialist in commercial foreign exchange, the group services more than 70,200 clients worldwide. Monex's team of experienced and professional FX specialists provide local support to corporate and institutional clients in each region of the world.
The continued growth and development of Monex Europe and the group makes it an exciting time to join the company.
As a member of the Finance Team, the Senior Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for managing the suppliers across all Monex Group, ensuring accurate records are kept and all payments are made in line with requirements.
The role holder will also be managing employee expenses and third-party suppliers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities will include:
- Prepare and run the weekly supplier payment runs for all subsidiaries
- Overseeing the all Account Payable functions
- Post invoices accurately in line with weekly and monthly deadlines
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers
- Prepare payment file and seek correct approval so that payments are made on time
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies or misallocated costs
- Clear controls in place and followed to reduce errors
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations
- Ensure invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational guidelines
- Maintain accurate records of all invoices: both current and historical
- Prepare reports as and when required
- Train and supervise junior Account Payable members
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date supplier records
- Ensure contract renewals are completed on time
- Ensure appropriate documentation is received and updated for new suppliers
- Complete the payment practices report for HMRC as and when required
- Review expenses and ensure they have been submitted in line with Company policy
- Ensure expenses are processed and ready for payment in line with weekly deadline
- Reject or query any expenses that are outside of the Company policy
- Maintain appropriate levels in each account to ensure payments can be made when required
- Prepare the 5-year payment file information
- Prepare ad hoc reports as and when required
What are we looking for:
- Previous experience of working within in a regulated investment firm;
- Proven track record in a similar role (2 years +);
- A solid accounting and finance background with book-keeping experience;
- Customer service experience an advantage;
- Knowledge of finance regulations;
- Strong interpersonal, client relationship, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills when approaching both internal and external communication
- Advanced Excel skills including V-Lookups and Pivot Tables;
- Book-keeping qualification or qualified by experience;
- AAT or part ACCA/CIMA/ACA is considered an advantage;
- High standard of oral & written English is mandatory;
- Fluency in other European languages is desirable.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus;
- 24 days' annual holiday (+bank holidays);
- Attractive benefits package including private health insurance, pension plan and study support;
- Private gym access;
- Plenty of room for career development.