The Banking Corporate Tax team provides tax advice, compliance and audit support work to a wide range of banking, fintech and financial markets infrastructure clients. We work with clients across all parts for the sector, from the major banking multinationals, to smaller clients (both traditional and new entrants), to those focused on Fintech and Crypto.
Manager Role and Responsibilities
• Ensure that client work is managed and delivered effectively and to a high standard, with good financial hygiene maintained
• Develop and maintain good client relationships across a portfolio of clients, identify leads for new work, liaise with other members of the client service team within and outside tax
• Identify new opportunities to take to our clients through an internal network of contacts
• Help develop more junior staff in the team through coaching, mentoring and performance management
• Liaise with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere to provide a complete tax service to clients
• Carry out detailed technical research
As a manager you will work closely with senior managers, directors and partners on a wide range of projects and a portfolio of clients.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who are keen to work in an environment that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Whilst working with us you will broaden your project management and technical skills and your commercial acumen. You will also have the opportunity to work with many talented people within the KPMG global network, the financial community and other professional advisers. The person best suited to a role is someone who is bright, driven and confident.
• CTA and/or ACA/CA and/or equivalent legal/HMRC/international qualification
• You should have an ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team worker
• You should also possess sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
• High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice are required
• The ability to manage your time effectively
Experience and Background
• Strong UK Corporate Tax knowledge and awareness of other tax and accounting areas. In certain situations, we will consider candidates with non-UK experience where there is evidence of transferrable skills and a proactive approach to upskilling.
• Experience of collaboration - both working alongside and managing other people
• Tax accounting and tax compliance experience would be beneficial
• Experience within the FS sector would be beneficial (but not a pre-requisite)