Do you have asset management or insurance external audit experience and are currently based in the UK working for the big 4/top 10?
Are expecting to become a chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CA etc) by the end of 2022; or are already chartered?
Would you like to escape the cold, wet weather of the UK and work in the Cayman Islands (25 - 30 degrees all year round) earning a tax free salary?
...we want to hear from you!
About the role
Please note that job location is the Cayman Islands and would be an on-site role on a 1.5 - 2 year contract. A full relocation and work permit package would be provided.
A top accountancy firm in Cayman is seeking audit senior associates (audit seniors / supervisors) for its asset management and captive insurance practices. The successful applicants will be expected work on to a number of audit engagements, primarily in the asset management and/or captive insurance industry.
Reporting directly to the firm's managers, directors and partners, the applicants will be expected to act professionally in making decisions and when dealing with clients and service providers.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- In-charge of/completing the audit file from planning through to completion;
- Preparing detailed audit work of various investment structures (private equity funds, hedge funds etc); or captive insurance entities;
- Performing a first review of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS;
- In-charging multiple audit engagements;
- Researching accounting and regulatory issues;
- Corresponding professionally with clients and service providers; and
- Ensuring engagements are delivered on time and within budget.
- Applicants must be university graduates (2.1 or above) and be exam qualified* accountants (ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA) with 3 years+ current, external audit experience within a Big 4/top 10 environment.
- Asset management or insurance audit experience is a major advantage.
*Must be exam and experienced qualified by the end of 2022
Note: If you are looking to get ILR in the UK, the time spent in the Cayman Islands will not count towards your 5 year requirement.
Compensation and benefits
A competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with qualifications and experience of approximately US$70,000 and paid tax free, full relocation (flight, 2 weeks in a hotel and 2 weeks car hire) and work permit package and a comprehensive medical scheme, amongst other benefits.
Why the Cayman Islands?
- The Island is paradise - Cayman's Seven Mile Beach with its crystal water and white sand was ranked in Tripadvisor's 2020 annual travellers' choice awards as the number 6 beach in the World. The Island offers a huge range of activities from visiting the world-famous stingray city, bio luminescence bay, diving, kitesurfing, surfing, deep sea fishing, numerous other water sports, an incredible array of top-quality restaurants and much more.
- Work with industry experts and propel your career to the next level - Cayman is one of the world's leading financial centres and attracts best-in-class expertise to provide assurance to financial markets. Due to the mobile nature of the expat talent pool (where employees may work for a few years on the Island before returning home) means that you may have the opportunity to benefit from fast-track promotion.
- Direct flights - There are direct flights to Miami (1 hour 30 minutes), New York (3 hours and 45 minutes), Cuba (1 hour and 10 minutes), Bahamas (1 hour 35 minutes), London Heathrow (11 hours), Jamaica (1 hour) and more providing opportunities to travel.
- Climate - Being located in the Caribbean, the Cayman Islands benefits from warm temperatures all year round between approximately 25-30 degrees.
- Tax Free - There is no income tax in the Cayman Islands, so you will receive your salary and bonus tax-free.
- Community - There is a large expat community in Cayman, particularly in the financial services industry. BBQs on the beach, boat trips/parties, sporting events such as beach volleyball and rugby are a normal part of everyday life in Cayman.
Confidentiality when applying
We act with absolute confidentiality and we completely understand that your current employer might not be aware that you're exploring the job market. When you apply, your application is kept completely confidential from both your current employer and also the hiring company. If we feel you might be a good fit, we'll arrange a call with you to chat through the opportunity in more depth. Only after the call will we request permission to share your CV with the hiring company.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.