Are you looking for an exciting new move in your career?
SHEIN is an international online fashion retailer that's in an exciting new phase of our continued growth!
If you like to work fast, collaboratively and understand the true value of idea generation with a 'customer first' mentality - you're on your way to being a right fit for us. SHEIN prides itself on our agility within our business model and talent base so we're looking for dreamers and doers.
As a fast growing business with an immediate need to innovatively build out our talent infrastructure, we're looking for a dynamic professional who is keen to work in an agile and evolving business environment. There's work, and then there's the work you're passionate about - The kind of work that's an extension of who you are. That's the work we do at SHEIN.
Our values consist of putting the customer first, going all out, acting and adapting, continuous learning & innovating and encouraging synergy & collaboration at all levels within the business.
If you feel like you belong, consider the job description below and apply should you see a strong fit.
Come shine at SHEIN and join our growth story!
This position is primarily responsible for managing local tax compliance & tax risk(e.g. tax audit / regular touch with HRMC) in UK. The role will partner with finance and business to ensure that all tax returns are accurately and timely filed and tax strategies are identified and executed to provide cash tax savings, lower the effective tax rate in the region and ensure that the company is operating in a tax-efficient manner. The role also requires an active role as a member of the global tax team within the relationships of the group entities in different countries as well as in the matters such as group structure, transfer pricing, implementation of new projects/programs to the group.
- Maintenance of tax compliance for the local entities within the scope of local and international laws and requirements including the control of tax filing accuracy & timeliness and documentation of all tax returns, cross-border transactions and transfer pricing issues.
- Managing all tax related communications with HRMC including regular meetings wit tax authorities and lead internal teams to handle tax litigation in a tax-efficient manner.
- Be an active role as a member of the global tax team within the relationships of the group entities in different countries as well as in the matters such as group structure, transfer pricing, implementation of new projects/programs to the group.
- Partner with business finance, legal, Treasury, accounting and other functions to communicate, execute, protect and fund various initiatives which aim to ultimately maximize cash for the corporation
- Acting as a point of contact or experts for local tax matters from all business partners including functions teams of purchasing, logistics, customs duty managing team, sales.
- Able to collaborate and lead tax projects with Corporate and Regional Tax.
Job Requirements :
- At least 4-6 years of tax experience in UK/EU e-commence tax experience with a passion to make a difference.
- Demonstrates thought leadership ability to communicate complicated tax matters across all levels of the organization in a value driven manner.
- Demonstrates leadership in driving mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring transactions.
- Demonstrates an ability to develop relationships across an enterprise in a heavily matrixed environment
- He/She should be a true team player with very good communication and people skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Fluent in English, Chinese is a plus