£27,550 - £29,000 per year
Hours: 37 hours per week;
Ipswich (Agile working)
The purpose of this post is to assist with the provision of timely and accurate management information to allow informed business decisions to be made. The post will be responsible for specific areas of management accounting, maintenance of finance systems controls and integration with feeder systems and to assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as and when they arise. The role requires a high degree of communicating, often with non-finance staff, to ensure that consistently high standards of service are delivered.
Our Management Accountants key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts within set timescales
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process for income and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining the finance systems controls including feeder systems to the finance software system
- Working in conjunction with other team members carry out internal audits of the Association's remote sites
- Reconciliations of imported data to the finance software system
- Uploading of payroll data into the finance software system along with producing monthly payroll reconciliations
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Have previous experience within accountancy and management accounts
- Have previous experience with leading or supervising a team
- Hold a supervisory qualification or commitment to achieve within 18-24 months
More reasons to apply...
- 22 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- retail discounts via our rewards platform (restaurants, shopping, days out gym memberships, cinema tickets, holidays, Sky store and much more...)
- loyalty awards and rewards
- bonus and referral scheme
- ongoing training and development & opportunities to progress in your role through the Orwell Academy
- wellbeing programme
- Gym membership
Interviews: Available Immediately
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.