Ideas | People | Trust
We're BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today's changing world.
We'll broaden your horizons
As market leaders, the award-winning Real Estate & Construction tax team at BDO serves a wide and exciting range of domestic and international businesses with UK operations. It's your chance to experience a focused and unique blend of the highest level of technical expertise and further your appreciation for the commercial aspects of property transactions.
This industry continues to grow rapidly, so there are always new challenges or opportunities that you can take on. At the heart of our success are the strong and progressive relationships we build with our clients and colleagues. With a focus on continuing development and exposure to clients and senior partners, you'll have all the freedom you need to grow your career.
Tax is a dynamic, ever-changing industry. As our clients' needs and the regulatory environment evolve, you'll encounter new problems to solve and new opportunities for growth. Whether it's advising clients on high-profile specialisms like Corporation Tax or leading the implementation of intelligent technology solutions, you'll enjoy variety as well as stretch in your role.
BDO supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world. You'll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals. Each of our clients has different needs and in applying your expertise in different contexts, you'll develop your skills and gain valuable experience that will serve you throughout your career.
We'll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You'll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you'll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO's Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You'll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients. We are looking for someone with;
- Understanding of and previous experience within UK corporate tax compliance
- Some experience of providing corporate tax advisory and compliance services to primarily corporate groups, but may include partnership tax returns and non-resident landlord income tax returns
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions
- Ability to manage a small client portfolio
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
- Some experience of dealing with client senior management and key stakeholders
- Keenness to develop a career within the real estate profession
- Educated to degree level, and CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
You'll also be yourself; we'll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We're committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we'll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We're in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days' holiday;
- Access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That's not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- Buy up to ten days' extra holiday;
- Add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- Enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- Enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- Receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- Access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn't always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We're looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we're always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We've got a clear purpose, and we're confident in our future, because we're adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.