Finance Administrator / Accounts Payable
JTH Recruitment are recruiting for an an Accounts Payable person to join our excellent client who is an incredibly compassionate employer who believes that flexibility and understanding are fundamental to creating the kind of workplace that our teams want to be part of. Some examples of this are 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, bonus schemes, an on-site recreational room and events organised by both company and the team. Ask any member of the team and they'll tell you how welcoming they are and they can't wait to welcome you to the companies family where they will help you grow both professionally and as an individual.
If you enjoy finance and helping people this role will be ideal. We are looking for someone with Accounts Payable experience and and ideally Sage 50 experience. You will need to understand the fundamentals of accounting principles with a view to undertake studying AAT.
Job Functions: Provide excellent, consistent and professional levels of service to our customers and all aspects of the business. Accounts Payable is the department that handles company costs and expenses. Professionals who work in this business function are responsible for keeping business operations funded. They receive invoices from company suppliers and other cost of goods sources and account for them individually. Invoices are coded against department incomes to measure performance. Accuracy is critical, as is the ability to gauge discrepancies and evaluate opportunities for lowering costs
- Processing, coding and authorising invoices on a daily basis
- Setting up payment runs
- Supplier statement reconciliations, including Company Credit Card monitoring of expense levels incurred.
- Accepting invoices from suppliers and applying those sums to cost accounting
- Establishing payment cycles, taking advantage of preferable terms when applicable
- Sending invoices to manager or department head for approval, where appropriate.
- Remit payments, retaining receipts of transactions
- Reconciling transactions and correcting any discrepancies
- Evaluating performance and make suggestions to cut costs
- Required to have the knowledge of processing payroll using an external bureaux
- Developing relationships with suppliers
- Finding ways to improve payment systems
- Auditing accounts payable operations to make sure invoices and receipts are properly coded
- Maintaining Cash books/Cash Flow on daily basis, notifying Finance Manager of impending fluctuations. Perform monthly Cash book reconciliation.
- Ensuring VAT responsibilities are met
- Analysing monthly key expenditures and ad hoc month end reports as requested by Finance Manager
- Covering for Accounts receivable
Experience and skills required
- You are conversant with SAGE 50C
- You understand the fundamentals of accounting principles with a view to undertake studying AAT
- You have a strong customer service focus
- You have experience of working in/with a team including temp cover for Credit Control, Accounts Receivable
- You are professional, in manner, approach, appearance, and confident
- You have the ability to multitask
- You have a strong work ethic, requiring high standards of self, with an ability to be flexible in order to get the job done, able to work under pressure when deadlines approach
- You have strong team values
- You are hard-working and committed, with a sense of humour
- Minimum requirements
- Previous experience within Accounts Payable is essential
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Attention to detail / confidentiality essential
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written and listening skills)
- Demonstrable organisational skills, including time management, prioritisation of tasks and selfmotivation
- Excellent IT literacy, accurate keyboard skills
Due to location candidates will need their own transport. The role is easily commutable from Stamford, Bourne, Spalding, Orton, Werrington, Market Deeping, Peterborough.