Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire Hours: 08:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday
Our client is a fast-growing privately owned Company in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, and bathroom products through a national network of over 300 branches. Our wide customer base ranges from sole trader tradespeople to large M&E contractors.
The company are currently in the process of setting up a new Credit Office in Huddersfield and you will eventually join an experienced team of ten managed by the Credit Control Manager. Until the new office is ready, you will primarily work from home with your new team, training for your role and working on projects for the new Credit Office.
The Key Duties of the Credit Controller
• Managing a sizeable aged debt ledger including customers ranging from sole traders to national contractors.
• Chasing customers for payment via various communication methods, primarily phone and email.
• Support the wider credit control team in taking and allocating payment
• Support adhoc Credit Office projects.
• Maintain and develop excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
The Key Competencies of the Credit Controller
• At least two years' experience in a Credit Department
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
• Excellent attention to detail when dealing with payments and allocating cash
• Proactive self-starter who is motivated to get the job done
• Good time management skills, able to prioritise workload and deliver under pressure of deadlines
If you are interested in the role, and would like to know more, please apply or call Aiden or Luke on (phone number removed), option 3