Do you have a keen interest in wealth management and working with High-Net-Worth individuals?
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an international firm of Chartered Accountants located in Leatherhead to appoint an Assistant Investment Accountant in their Trust & Wealth Services department.
As Assistant Investment Accountant, you'll play a vital role in delivering regular investment analysis to individuals and families, consolidating their entire net worth, delivering information in a clear format, regardless of the complexity of their assets. You will also report wealth consolidation, investment performance, expenditure analysis and management accounts
The ideal candidate will be junior in their role, completing their AAT and have a keen interest in a career involving high net worth individuals.
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Leatherhead (Hybrid) , you will be tasked with:
- Bookkeeping client accounts, managing the data capture process for investment manager and bank statements, through a variety of methods from manual posting to automated data interfaces.
- Responsibility for data integrity, performing the first reconciliation of bank records vs our systems. Working closely with our investment accountants, to sign off on client records on a daily or monthly basis.
- Assisting in the preparation of wealth reports, performance reports, expenditure analysis and management accounts, depending upon the client.
- General administration on behalf of clients, including cash flow analysis and raising payments.
- Day to day filing and archiving.
- Development of processes and procedures to accommodate changing client requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have previous bookkeeping or back-office experience
- Be studying AAT
- Be able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Be well organised and able to manage different priorities
- Have the desire to always produce work of the highest quality on a timely basis
- Have strong IT skills
- Have the initiative to work independently or as part of a team
- Be interested in an accounting or investment career.
Experience is also preferable in:
- Financial services, such as fund administration/accounting
- Knowledge of more technical financial instruments, such as private equity or derivatives
- Client service experience, especially with private clients
What's on offer
£20,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
- Holiday: 20 days, increasing with service to 25 days
- Holiday Purchase
- Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme: top up to full pay and half pay, increasing with service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Core Working Hours 10am - 4pm
- Time off in lieu
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Reimbursed Professional Subscriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- New Client Bonus Scheme
- Recruitment Bonus Scheme
- Bike Purchase Loan Scheme
- Retirement Benefits
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Bereavement Pay Scheme
- Pre-retirement Independent Financial Review
- Long Service Awards Scheme
- Free to use onsite Gym at the Leatherhead Office
- Fresh Fruit Deliveries
- Dress Down Fridays
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Annual Flu Jab Programme
- Royal Albert Hall Free Tickets
- Discounted gym membership at some London gyms
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Hours: 1 day a week working from home, flexible hours (core hours between 10-4)
About the company
You'll be working with the UK's largest combined firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers, headquartered in the City of London, specialising in the provision of taxation advisory, taxation compliance, accountancy, assurance and other services to individuals, families, entrepreneurs, and businesses. The Firm has been serving clients from London since 1933.
How to Apply
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chelsea Waddell on
- Email your CV to
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chelsea Waddell on remembering to include your details as well.
*T's & C's apply.