Eden Scott are recruiting on behalf of their client, a global audit, accounting and consulting firm with a top reputation, for a Trust & Estate Manager to join their expanding Trust & Estate team. They are open to candidate location as they have 15 offices in the UK. They offer a hybrid working platform and are open to discussing flexibility to suit you. This is a full-time permanent position that offers a fantastic salary alongside great company benefits.
The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day activities of the Trust & Estate team under the direction of the Trusts & Estates Senior Manager. This is the perfect position for a qualified and experienced paralegal with trust and estate experience that is looking for their next career step.
- To support the Senior Manager in the smooth and efficient running of the team.
- To provide support and guidance to team members in the day to day management of the Trusts and Estates
- To support the Senior Manager in the achievement of fee targets while delivering a high-quality service
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance, via a training and monitoring regime, with regulatory rules impacting on all activities of the business, including ICAEW Client Money Regulations, Anti Money Laundering procedures, Data Protection implications, etc.
- To manage a personal portfolio of high quality/more complex Trusts and Estates as required
- To ensure all enquiries from beneficiaries, co-Trustees and third parties are dealt with promptly and effectively
- To develop relationships with beneficiaries and co-trustees, attending meetings as required
- To manage the production and audit of annual Trust Accounts and to undertake personally the preparation of more complex Trust and Estate Accounts as appropriate
- As required on an ad-hoc basis to undertake background research and to prepare reports on particular cases and issues, bringing forward recommendations for discussion with the Senior Manager
- To maintain up to date knowledge of legal and taxation issues affecting Trusts and Estates and to provide guidance on tax efficient methods of distributing assets from Trusts and Estates
- To provide Management Information as required
- Paralegal experience within Trusts & Estates
- Ideally STEP qualified with a minimum of five years specialist Trustee experience
- Ability to manage, supervise and coach staff in all aspects of Trust and Estate duties and personal development.
- Sound knowledge of laws affecting Trusts and Estates and relevant tax legislation and of regulatory requirements impacting on Trustee Services activities
- Ability to prioritise and organise both own caseload and that of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues' clients and contacts, both internally and externally, at all levels
- Good teamwork and motivational skills
- Awareness and general understanding of financial markets and ability to identify implications for the business