Finance Manager (with career path to Head of Finance)
Up to £60k with a small rise upon passing probation and annually reviewed thereafter
Study Support: Financial Support for studies
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum plus B/H
Reporting into: General Manager/ Interim Finance Director
Office full time at Gatwick address (Iain Stewart Centre, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, RH6 0PB)
Main Duties and
- To oversee both the internal Accounts Assistant and Bookkeeper, supporting where appropriate, setting goals and targets and monitoring output against these.
- To oversee credit control, ensuring that key accounts are focussed on, transparency of information and issues and liaising with responsible sales reps to progress overdue items.
- To oversee weekly payment review meetings with the Bookkeeper and Head of Procurement, ensuring that payments being made hold the most commercial value.
- To take on the production, review and ongoing development of the Management Accounts.
- To assist initially in the production of the Annual Budget, with a view to taking this on fully in the future.
- To assist in the periodic update on Cash Flows and Mid-Year forecasts with a view to taking these items on fully in the future.
- To liaise with the Bank, company Insurers, Accountants etc as required and manage these stakeholder relationships in the future.
- To prepare regular analysis of stock, obsolete stock items and movements in excess stock lines working closely with the Head of Procurement to ensure medium to long term objectives on stock holdings are achieved.
- To hold regular performance reviews with the Accounting team, feeding back on areas to focus on.
- To ensure level of cross training and sufficient cover is in place in the event of the Finance team taking annual leave.
- To formulate and review regularly appropriate financial controls across the business.
- To prepare the weekly Finance Dashboard report and circulate this every Monday morning.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the Senior Management Team or Board of Directors.
- The ideal candidate will be bright, astute, quick to pick up on tasks, methodical and hard working with an analytical approach.
- They will bring drive, enthusiasm and energy to the Finance department.
- They will have a desire to progress their career and add value as they do so.
- Ideally with a warehouse/ distribution/ stock management/ product costing background.
- Ideally CIMA but will consider commercially astute ACCA candidates.
- Ideally will have ERP / MRP experience.