Employment Tax Assistant Manager - London
Big 4 up to £50,000
My client is looking for experienced employment taxes specialists to join their dynamic and rapidly growing practice.
This leading Big 4 has a longstanding reputation of excellence in the field of employment taxes, built up over many years of advising a wide range of UK and global companies. They are offering a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team, advising a prestigious client portfolio.
This successful and expanding team continues to experience rapid growth. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression. They will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers. They foster an inclusive environment to enable their people to achieve their aspirations whilst working with the best in the market.
With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you will be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself.
Your roleAssistant Managers help take the lead on delivering key parts of their client services. You will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for clients. You will have the opportunity to own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will be willing to work and support junior team members and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise. Your desire to work as part of a team is critical to the role.
- Assisting clients with understanding complex tax law/HMRC's interpretation;
- Assisting clients with identifying employment tax matters that could impact the success of corporate transactions (e.g. supporting with due diligences);
- Researching employment taxes case law and precedents;
- Providing advice on the tax treatment of all aspects of employee remuneration, such as salary, equity, benefits and expenses;
- Commitment to building and maintaining employment tax technical knowledge by attending structured development programmes and supplement by additional independent reading/research;
- Assisting clients with HMRC liaison and disputes;
- Delivering quality advisory work to clients. For example, drafting correspondence to HMRC, participating on annual compliance projects, drafting advice to clients on various employment tax matters and considering the tax implications of proposed remuneration structures;
- To have an active involvement in client meetings and lead where appropriate;
- To focus on your personal and technical development. They take development very seriously and you will benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive on-going 360 review process; and
- Working and managing effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution and not their presence, and made to feel comfortable to bring their true self to work.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Maisie on or email
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.