Financial Accountant upto £50k
We are working with a recognised global leader and currently employs circa 650 staff throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial accounting. Key responsibilities are to ensure that financial accounting entries are controlled in an appropriate manner, and that all internal and external reporting requirements are fulfilled to the highest standard and deadlines met.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial accounts
- Support in the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare monthly Trading and Intercompany reporting.
- Review the companies' respective fixed asset registers maintained by the assistant accountant, checking additions, disposals and depreciation are recorded correctly;
- Prepare monthly schedules, supporting evidence and journals relating to accruals and prepayments;
- Prepare monthly intra-Group recharges between companies for shared services;
- Support the Group Financial Controller in the reconciliation of intercompany sales/purchase/loan balances;
- Ensure all general ledger reconciliations are maintained on a monthly basis, with reconciling items cleared appropriately on a timely basis;
- Reviewed bank reconciliations for all company bank accounts (GBP and foreign currencies) performed by the accounts assistant, and prepare payment runs for authorisation by senior management;
- Maintain appropriate controls and records around petty cash, and ensure expenditure is recorded accurately within the financial records of the business;
- Ensure month-end periods are closed in line with internal and wider global Group timetables;
- Complete and submit UK VAT returns and PAYE Returns and payments on account in line with HMRC timetables;
- Review and pay wages prepared by the payroll departments on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Support external consultants in completing and submitting UK Corporation Tax returns and payments on account in line with HMRC timetables;
- Support the external auditors in the review and completion of the statutory accounts.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and as well preparation of Budgets and Forecasts to be submitted to group.
- Provide financial information and business partnering support to management and financial controller within the business on monthly basis.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the business on matters relating to the financial record keeping of the Group companies;
- Support the the Group Payroll Administrator, Credit Controller and AP Controller. Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
Skills and Qualifications
- ACCA & CIMA Qualified or QBE with strong relevant experience would be considered.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely financial accounts and full account reconciliations.
- Experience of VAT and employment related tax reporting - preparation of data and electronic submissions;
- Self-motivated, problem solver and high energy - ability to challenge and improve processes.
- Strong numeracy skills - demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with internal and external stakeholders;
- IT skills - proficient in Excel for manipulating and analysing data.
- Experience of SAP (BYD) or similar ERP system in an equivalent industry (stock, transport, installation projects).
- ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Advanced Excel skills (macro knowledge not essential)