Commercial Finance Manager
London / WFH
£65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
It is not often that one gets to make a real difference in one's work. But this opportunity presents the platform to do just that; Not only to make a difference to the business, but to make a difference to the lives of thousands of individuals, as this organisation is truly inspirational in its ability to change lives for the better.
This multi-award winning company has been operating for nearly two decades, investing in and developing infrastructure projects in some of the poorest countries on the planet. The organisation has earned a reputation for delivering quality and expertise to all manner of projects whilst growing close, successful and thriving partnerships.
The Commercial Finance Manager reports into Head of Finance and is responsible for advising on, and quality assuring financial due-diligence, financial governance and financial statements across various infrastructure projects and businesses. The role is also responsible for valuing investments and helping to accurately forecast funding requirements.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage and mentor all work undertaken by two Portfolio Accountants, providing advice and guidance as needed, quality assuring their work and supporting their personal and professional development.
- Act as a finance business partner for the Business Development (BD), Investment and Asset Management (AM) teams with regards to the company's projects.
- Oversee financial due diligence work carried out by the Portfolio Accountants to ensure that any financial risks have been identified and mitigants proposed: providing advice and guidance as needed, quality checking work and troubleshooting (whether prior to or during the Company's involvement in a project or business).
- Be an escalation point for the Portfolio Accountants in respect to the support and advice they provide to the Company's special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and operating assets: helping to improve their financial management practices and processes, troubleshooting and proposing solutions for complex financial issues and working with colleagues to ensure the timely submission of SPV financial statements and tax returns.
- Work with the HoF to update funding requirements and monitor, coordinate and process project and investment disbursement schedules against project agreements.
- Work alongside the HoF, Financial Controls Manager and the parent group's finance team to define and implement asset valuation policies and processes for the company.
- Value the company's SPVs and operating assets with input from the BD, Investment and AM teams, reviewing these with the Financial Controls Manager for incorporation into to the Company's financial statements.
- Input to the company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, and contribute to liquidity and cash flow reporting.
- Contribute to the company's three-year business plan: providing updated project and investment disbursement forecasts, revenue forecasts, current valuations and sense-checking the feasibility of investment and sales plans provided by the BD, Investments or AM teams.
You will be based from the company HQ in the City of London, close to Aldgate & Liverpool Street Stations, with an expectation of 2 days per week in the office, with WFH flexibility for the remainder of the week.
Applicants will be fully qualified and have a demonstrated track record of delivery in a challenging and commercially focussed environment. A pedigree of working in a multinational organisation would be interesting, as would experience in projects, engineering or investment, perhaps from a Private Equity House, but none of these are vital. What is a prerequisite however, is your attitude and aptitude in taking a proactive and autonomous approach to your work and the desire to have a tangible impact on the business itself. This rare opportunity provides a platform to take a pivotal role within an organisation that deliver life changing capabilities to some of the most under-resourced areas of the world.....and the vocational attraction of that cannot be overlooked.
Barribal Associates and the organisations it represents are fully committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from any age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.