c.£130k + Bonus
Hybrid/ Central London
Finatal are retained by a high growth and recognisable global brand within the FMCG sector on a search for a divisional Finance Director. Reporting to the Managing Director UK, this is a career defining opportunity to join a business with strong brand reputations across the world whilst it scales organically and through acquisition activity.
Key to this role will be partnering with business leaders to enable strategic decision making based on forward-looking data driven insights, alongside ensuring compliance and accounting performance in line with Group standards.
As an integral part of the leadership team, the Finance Director reports to the Managing Director UK, and will manage a team of 6, with 2 direct reports.
• The role entails financial management responsibility for two separate P&Ls / profit centers: UK Domestic market headed by Country MD UK
• Partner with local business leaders to boost value generation by providing solid and forward-looking data driven insights, as well as what-if scenario analysis, to support strategic decision
• Ensure appropriate Commercial and Marketing business partnership to facilitate data driven decision-making (e.g. pricing, A&P and trade investments)
• Ensure quality of P&L actuals and comprehensive view on balance sheet and cash flow
• Be the pivot for deployment of global initiatives in close cooperation with Global Business Services, Global Tax and Global Insurance departments
• Manage local Compliance & Accounting peculiarities, be the reference point for internal/external auditors / fiscal authorities / banks
• Play a key role in: i) projects requiring statutory / regulatory knowledge, ii) process improvement (facilitating also new tech adoption / IT issues solving), and iii) cross-functional project execution
• ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA Qualified, with strong academics
• An experienced FD/HoF/GFC
• Strong practical knowledge of commercial finance practices in FMCG area (pricing, discounts and trade investments management, listings, negotiations, value chains etc.)
• Strong practical knowledge of SAP R3 or S4 Hanna operations
• Good practical knowledge of managing Compliance & Accounting areas, including Balance Sheet and Cash Flow review capabilities. Good knowledge of corporate taxation principles and business combinations
• Business acumen and shift of mindset from analytical to business insights (mitigating risks / leveraging opportunities coming from inside / outside the company)
• E2E cross-functional vision
• Data driven storytelling
• Plus: experience with legacy system for commercial financial planning
• Plus: experience with application and business interpretation of statistical and algorithmic methods for sales forecasting, price sensitivity analysis, multi-factor data models