Our client is a fast growing, international retail business and as part of their growth plans they are now looking to recruit a new Group Finance Director to work as a key partner to the management team and a key support to the whole business. The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly commercial Finance Director with a proven track record working in a fast paced, high growth business. Agile in approach, the new FD will be excited by the challenges and opportunities provided by a Group which will become increasingly complex as they grow their international operations and further develop their digital services.
- Reporting directly to the Executive Directors who are 100% owners of the group
• Full responsibility for the Finance both in the UK and overseas
• Key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), with heavy involvement in commercial aspects of the business to deliver organic growth in both the UK and internationally.
• Coordination and preparation of:
- All statutory reporting
- Monthly management accounts, including cash and performance forecasts
- 12 month rolling P&L, 13 week cash flow, balance sheet and financial covenants
- Leading on the periodic refinancing of the group's debt Supporting senior management in the professionalisation of a fast growing and entrepreneurial business, including, but not limited to:
- Continued refinement and interpretation of KPIs
- Continued refinement of and adherence to appropriate internal controls
• Provision of strategic insight and support across the business from the finance function
• Ensuring effective and efficient financing of growth
- Company secretarial duties
- Treasury and working capital management
- Commercial risk management
- Responsible for managing Insurance Relationships
- Lead on all tax matters (including tax compliance, relationship management HMRC, tax disputes and investigations
- Responsible for day-today banking relationships
• Proven and experienced FD with a formal accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent)
• Highly motivated individual with a vibrant , hands-on approach to business
• Strong team player, with good emotional intelligence
• Demonstrable leadership experience capable of developing and mentoring large teams
• Commercial and strategic mindset with the ability to work outside the traditional confines of finance
• Ability to interact both at the Board level and with front-line staff.
• Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
• Prepared for the demands of a fast growing business, with the ability to control this growth through on-going professionalisation of the finance function
• Experience of fast growing businesses within either Retail, Wholesale or Manufacturing.
• Experience of building a high quality Finance and team.
• Experience of implementing and upgrading important IT systems
• Interfacing with IT and HR