About the role:
An education charity are currently seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to join their South London finance team in supporting one of the South West London academies by ensuring high standards of financial integrity.
The organisation are offering up to £30k, along with career development opportunities and some great benefits. This role requires you to be on site at the South West London academy, with the opportunity to work remotely 1 day a week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the finance processes within the school, ensuring procedures are being followed correctly and maximising efficiency
- Ensuring purchase invoices and other documents are accurately processed, supplier statements reconciled, and payment runs prepared
- Placing orders, receiving goods and building rapport with suppliers
- Carrying out bank/credit card/ledger reconciliations
- Supporting with month end and year end processes
- Handling finance related queries
The successful candidate:
- Actively working towards professional accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA)
- Solid, proven experience in:
- Transactional processes - accounts payable/receivables
- Month end processes
- Confident systems/Excel user
- Education sector experience
- An ambitious team player with a real willingness to learn and an ability to build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.