Head of Finance | Rapid-Growth SportsTech Start-Up | London/Remote
Harmonic Finance are delighted to have been retained by one of the UK's most exciting Health & Wellness businesses who have developed an incredible proprietary SportsTech platform to revolutionise the way people exercise, train and compete.
With existing sites offering immersive exercise classes they have built a highly engaged community of young people with a powerful brand the business is going international with a new site in New York City by the end of the year. The Tech platform is also launching in Q4 and will blur the lines between in person fitness, competition, and training with the Metaverse and E-Sports worlds!
Backed by a selection of world-famous sports stars and some impressive investors the business is forecasting 4X revenue growth from £3m to £12m in 2023 alongside significant international expansion in Europe and the US.
The Head of Finance will work directly with the Co-Founders acting as a strategic business partner providing insightful analysis to drive improved decision making and commercial performance.
The business has a range of revenue streams from a traditional multi-site gym, apparel through to more traditional SaaS based offering with the Tech platform and the associated Hardware. As the Tech platform is launched into new locations and the online community expands there will be additional revenue streams in the Metaverse and E-Sports worlds. As Head of Finance this is a brilliant opportunity to build out FP&A, KPI's and financial modelling to better understand the business and drive scale.
The Head of Finance will also bring the Finance function in-house owning month-end and management accounting and establishing the financial controls to ensure compliant international expansion.
With a significant Series A planned for the middle of 2023 the Head of Finance will be integral in preparing the business for this process with the production of investor decks and financial models.
- Built out and establish FP&A and financial models that support investment decisions and shape the strategic direction of the business moving forward
- Act as Finance Business Partner to the Exec Leadership team to better understand day-to-day performance in the physical business and the Tech platform
- Develop KPI analytics to understand and identify opportunities to drive improved commercial performance
- Prepare the business for a significant Series A with the production of investment decks, the financial models which will underpin the decks
- Establish robust financial controls and processes to ensure smooth international expansion in the US and Europe
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and systems
- Bring day-to-day Finance in-house and establish the necessary processes to complete efficient month-end process
- Produce accurate monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasting with insightful analysis
- Complete Year-End accounts and liaise with auditors
- Work with third party specialists to ensure tax compliance
- Increasingly partner with Sales, Marketing and Tech teams
- Extensive ad-hoc projects
What we need to see:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Highly commercial with experience driving commercial performance
- Top-tier communication skills with a willingness to be hands on and get stuck in
- Breadth of experience across FP&A and Accounting
What we would like to see:
- Experience within start-ups or within a scale-up from an early stage
- Passion for the sports/Tech/health and wellness worlds
- Ambition to progress quickly into a leadership role
- Enjoys building Finance processes and systems
£70,000 - £80,000 + share options
Start Date: ASAP (happy to wait for a 3 month notice)
Location: London / Hybrid (there is no office yet but they regularly meet at one of the sites or in a Co-Working building)
Please get in touch with Liv (email@example.com) for more information.