Techunite Ltd are recruiting on behalf of an expanding organisation seeking an Assistant Financial Controller. This will be a 50:50 split between helping to manage the finance team (6 members) and hands on finance related duties.
This company are a relaxed but hard working organisation. Most of the time you will be able to work remotely, they do think it would be good if someone could go into the office once every fornight. Office locations are Poole or Reading and you can choose what works best for you.
- Staff management of finance team. Including 1 -1's, annual reviews & performance plans
- Identify and carry out training of finance team in line with objectives
- To provide cover in absence of Financial Controller
- Assisting and resolving complex transactional issues
- Review and approve global payrolls
- Weekly ledger reviews with team owner
- Monthly BS reviews with accounts team
- Ownership of month end close process
- Review and submission of management accounts pack to Group Financial Controller
- Review and approve global payments
- Continuous process and policy improvements
- Engaging in company IT project implementations
- Business partner with other departments on linked processes
Key Skills and Experience required:
Progressive finance experience.
Experience of working in a multi-currency, multi-country organisation.
Experience within a corporate environment.
Proven experience of managing within a finance team.
Sage 50/200 experience and understanding of recognised accounting systems.
Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and be able to demonstrate experience in the production of complex spreadsheets and financial reports.
Excellent communication skills internally and externally.
Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands-on approach.
Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Perks and Benefits:
- 10% bonus
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension - 3%
- Private Medical
- Half day Fridays in the summer
Finance Controller / Accounts / Month End / Team management / Performance reviews / Payroll