Be a part of one of the UK’s most innovative companies and one of the UK’s largest privately owned electronics manufacturers.
Jaltek is a leading technology solutions provider offering a comprehensive range of vertically integrated design and manufacturing solutions tailored to meet our client’s highly diversified business requirements. We recognise the market need to be flexible and responsive to meet the demands of a constantly changing landscape, focusing on low to medium volume high mix product profiles with localised support.
Jaltek are looking to add an ambitions Cost Management Accountant to the team, with responsibility of ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the inventory and cost reporting including: WIP Inventory reconciliations, BOM approvals, takt- time.
As a confident Management Accountant, it will be your responsibility to ensure the accuracy and integrity of cost reporting including: WIP Inventory reconciliations, BOM approvals, takt- time reviews etc. Your ability to create and maintain strong relationships will see you support and advise all departments in their daily operations maintaining and improving productivity . You will need to support the implementation of reporting and control process improvements significantly benefiting the business.
As Management Accountant you will not only be relying on your communicative skills but also your analytical skills. You will prepare margin analysis, investigate variances, calculating labour efficiencies.
- Manage all job costs, including labour rates against quoted costs.
- Monitor and control all manufacturing variances across the business
- Apportionment of overhead by allocation models.
- Analyse and communicate monthly reports to Senior Management Team
- Monitor stock and scrap against targets
- Ensure projects such as Installation, maintenance and repairs are correctly accounted for.
- Monitoring of R&D projects.
- Preparation of management accounts adhering to month end, budget, ad-hoc and business deadlines.
- Control productivity savings and capital expenditure reporting
- Be actively involved in production planning and forecasting
- Be involved in preparation of budgets
Skills and experience:
- High level of commercial acumen and an influential approach to reporting the monthly figures.
- Full or part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and have worked with both financial and commercial reporting
- Have experience within a similar role. The ability to hit the ground running with this role would be highly advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, this role will require you to build and maintain strong relationships with the operations team - effectively communicating important financial matters with individuals from non- finance backgrounds
- Possess strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of BOMs and routings, transfer pricing calculations, unrealised profit in inventory provision calculations, inventory provisions and adjustments and year-end audit requirements.
- Experience of ERP systems (specifically Epicor) would be a distinct advantage
- Proven experience in Electronic Manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Commercially focussed
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Free parking
- BUPA healthcare (after successful completion of probation period)
- Life Insurance
We are based in Luton, Bedfordshire