At Smith+Nephew, we believe in our products. We believe that through innovation, development and supporting our customers and patients we can help others achieve a Life Unlimited.
This opportunity is in the Investor Relations team of this FTSE 100 Company, supporting the team’s Head in the delivery of the Investor Relations programme, within the broader Corporate Affairs organisation. You will be part of promoting the Company's external messaging with investors and financial analysts, and building and protecting the corporate reputation and brand.
The role has frequent and often confidential contact with Group CEO and CFO; and works closely with the Group Finance team, and external and internal communicators globally.
It would be well suited to a newly qualified accountant or similar finance professional, looking for a first role in corporate Investor Relations.
- Supporting investor/analyst contact: Oversight of scheduling and support for preparation of investor materials; attendance at investor meetings along with head of IR or management; monitoring capital market and competitor activities including circulating peer results and broker reports.
- Investor events: Project management for quarterly results presentations; standalone events project management (e.g. Capital Markets Days, Investor Seminars); logistics and assisting with materials preparation for those events.
- Data management: Reporting on the shareholder register and shareholder meetings; collection and maintenance of analyst consensus forecasts; management of the investor relations CRM database.
- Website: Oversight of IR pages on the Smith+Nephew website, and publication of updates.
- Administration: General enquiries and administration; dealing with suppliers such as audio-visual production, conference and meeting venues.
Experience: Experience of working with confidential and highly sensitive information is valuable. An accounting qualification, previous exposure to the financial analyst/investor community, or corporate finance would be a positive.
Expected to demonstrate a high quality of writing, oral and presentation skills with attention to detail. Numeracy, financial literacy, and the ability to grasp and manage a large knowledge base are important.
Travel Requirements: <10% - some travel will be required in the UK, Europe and the US, to support investor events and roadshows.
If you share our passion for groundbreaking innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfil their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients.
We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.
It's more than business at Smith+Nephew - it's personal. What we do every day, changes lives every day.
Healthcare is in Smith+Nephew's DNA. From a single pharmacy in Hull, UK to a presence in over 100 countries, we've spent more than a century and a half working at the leading edge of medical technology.
At Smith+Nephew, you will find a company of people who care about each other, about our customers and their patients, and about the communities where we live and work.
Join us as we continue to make our work personal, to innovate and to develop devices that help to restore patients' bodies, and enable them to regain their futures.