Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the Regional FP&A team in the financial performance of the overall Pacific Northwest region. The Financial Analyst will provide direct support to the Director of Finance in areas that include, but are not limited to monthly financial reporting, budget / forecasting cycles, business and system integration, capital planning, process development, and a variety of ad hoc projects.
This person will be based in Minneapolis, MN or Seattle, WA And work a hybrid schedule in office and from home.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Seattle or Minneapolis PreferredPrimary Responsibilities:
- Facilitate preparation and communication for each quarterly financial forecast
- Coordinate the quarterly forecasting process, including accurate and timely delivery of the financial plan in line with Optum corporate timeframes and guidelines
- Partner with business leaders and cross-functional leaders to ensure the financial plan is an accurate representation of the entire business
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to keep the forecasting and planning process aligned with a dynamic organization
- Leverage technology and best practices to drive efficiencies and improved analytics
- Develop automated and standardized reporting for regional financial review
- Participate and/or lead a variety of ad-hoc projects
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of related professional experience in finance, accounting, or business-related area
- 2+ years of experience in a finance related position
- Financial modeling experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry with a specific focus on growth, integration, business relations in addition to an in depth understanding of the financial process
- Proven success functioning in a dynamic professional environment where the responsibilities change regularly
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate your message to others, including organizational leadership
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.