Belong to something bigger.
At Cooper/Haims & ESL, it’s more than a job. It’s your unique journey.
Your Journey Begins Here
Cooper/Haims Advisors, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of ESL Investment Services, LLC, and ESL Federal Credit Union, has an immediate opportunity to join our inclusive, collaborative, and people-oriented organization as a Senior Tax Manager. We are seeking someone who is ready to step into the senior level role for this newly created position. The incumbent will act as a thought leader in the tax space while delivering tax services to our high net-worth clients. These services include all aspects of the tax compliance cycle, tax projections, and proactive tax planning strategies with a primary focus on individual tax. This position will build long-term relationships with our clients through direct interaction / responsibility with respect to these services.
- Work / life balance: no weekends or overtime outside of tax season which is generally around 8 weeks beginning in mid-late February
- Focus on building long-lasting relationships with a small group of high net-worth clients
- No billable hours tracking or business development requirements
- Hybrid schedule available and no travel required
- Opportunity to grow and manage the tax team in the future if desired
- Our small client base and focus on individuals will offer you the ability to provide more proactive tax planning solutions to clients than in most public accounting firms
- Unique opportunity to deliver your tax expertise as part of a comprehensive financial planning process
- Small advisory firm feel with the financial strength and stability of the largest credit union in NY State as a parent company
- Part of a Great Place to Work® recognized company in both NY State and for Millennials again in 2022
What You Bring with You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA license required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting / tax
- Experience with High Net Worth clients
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with tax preparation and planning software
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and procedures.
- Tax research skills
- Demonstrates alignment with ESL’s Core Values, mission, vision, and Purpose to help our community thrive and prosper.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in public accounting / tax
- Experience with gift tax returns, trusts, partnerships, and other entity returns
We’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. ESL recognizes the importance of a culture that embraces diversity and values individual differences. We are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce at all levels that mirrors the communities we serve. We welcome applications from people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive, respectful and equitable environment, which makes ESL a great place to work!