Our client is looking for a Assistant Accountant
Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? They work hard because they want to do well and the more successful they are the more they can give back to their members and communities - that's the beauty of a co-operative.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their team and support in the preparation of the accounting processes and cycle for their End of Life Services business area.
- Collating weekly sales data, reconciliation and reporting for all End of Life Services (ELS) areas, assisting in the resolution of any file errors of failure, ahead of circulation to key stakeholders.
- Providing P&L Variance reporting to first review stage, and Management Accounts production for Crematoria & Natural Burial, on a monthly basis.
- Providing business area analysis and quarterly re-forecast ownership for Crematoria & Natural Burial.
- Compile monthly balance sheet reconciliations including monitoring of sales ledger balances, highlighting any areas of risk.
- Liaising with team members across all ELS business areas to ensure information is received and queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
- Supporting credit note administration and management of unbalanced accounts. Providing credit control for funeral homes, recording evidence for any debts to be written off and liaising with external debt management company.
- Monthly Bad Debt Provision creation and posting. Providing Periodic Debtor Reconciliation for individual business areas, resolving queries around debt related matter by working with operational business partners.
- Assisting in the design and delivery of ELS Finance courses to colleagues
- Preparing the monthly finance pack reports for the business areas, and providing assistance to the Finance Manager in budget preparation.
- Supporting the Finance Manager, Lead Assistant Accountant and wider finance and banking teams as required on related ad-hoc duties with a focus on process improvement and efficiency.
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Good communication skills, confident in challenging and influencing others, and able to disseminate financial information to non-finance colleagues in a clear and concise way to ensure understanding.
- Able to manage own workload to enable deadlines to be met, and flexible when faced with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention detail and a process orientated approach to work.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, supported by high levels of IT literacy. Experience of TM1 / Cognos / Agresso would be beneficial but not essential.
- AAT qualified and willingness to continue learning and development of role and self (study support to be provided
If you're passionate about finance and accounting, and have a background in a fast-paced environment then they would love to hear from you. In return, they will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.