Vaco is seeking a detail-oriented Accounts Payable professional to join our clients team in the Denver Metro Area. Please review the job description below and apply with an updated resume!
- Prepares and codes accounts payable vouchers in accordance with established procedures and obtains necessary approvals and backup.
- Reviews invoices for mathematical integrity and consistency with purchase order specifications. Reconciles vendor statements to invoices received and processed.
- Posts accounts payable items into the Accounts Payable computer module. Processes the transactions through check disbursements. Obtains approval for check disbursement and mails checks.
- Posts accounts payable to the general ledger at month-end and processes all accounts payable monthly reports.
- Prepares moving expense forms for employees with relocation expenses.
- Prepares accounts receivables deposits and ensures proper coding to General Ledger accounts.
- Maintains appropriate vendor files of paid disbursements. Maintains various control logs, including but not limited to, new vendors, travel advances, and relocation expenses.
- Checks all employee expense reports and timesheets for appropriate codes and indicates labor adjustments if necessary.
- Preparation and filing of annual 1099s.
- 2+ years of AP processing experience
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related fields - preferred
- Strong attention to detail