To support the development and maintenance of the Group's internal controls framework to mitigate risks to company objectives, and to provide day-to-day support to the PMO function supporting the Group's programme of work to embed a framework of controls over financial reporting risks.
FTSE100 sports-fashion retailer, based in the North West, in a warm, collaborative team with great development opportunities on offer.
- Update and track the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) programme plan globally, engaging with the third-party support and members of the Internal Controls Team to update plans.
- Track meeting responses, co-ordinating meeting logistics and working with the Internal Controls Team and third-party support to manage resolution, where necessary.
- Co-ordination and organisation of programme deliverables.
- Support the transfer of programme data into the controls framework tool and provide ongoing maintenance.
- Support the preparation of management information on the ICFR programme.
- Support the Internal Controls Team on meetings with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Support the remediation efforts to ensure controls are embedded timely and effectively.
- Be part of the business meetings, read updates and collect the key trends for the period, be inquisitive, match the information gathered to your understanding of the business and challenge when something doesn't feel right.
- Develop knowledge of business activities and understanding of the ICFR programme objectives and application to the wider business.
- Accounting qualification - Part-qualified or ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- PMO experience is desirable
- Experience of working either within a business that is subject to SOX reporting or as an auditor covering clients in the same space
- Awareness of how to audit and test control design and operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good MS Excel skills are desirable
- Awareness of IT general controls (GITC/ITGC) are desirable.
A great chance to gain FTSE100 exposure in an exciting industry for a great salary!