Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role will perform duties for the corporate accounting team of Optum Health, the health care delivery system division of UnitedHealth Group.
If you are located within Eden Prairie, MN you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities to produce financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Accounting experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge with analyzing and reviewing accounting journal entries and general ledgers
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CPA track
- Experience communicating in an effective manner
- Experience collaborating with peers to complete projects
- Experience delivering high quality results based on thorough analysis using drive and motivation
- Sound business knowledge and solid decision-making skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.