Vaco is growing and always looking for new talent for our clients. Below is a usual description of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements that our clients look for in a senior project accountants. These projects are typically on-site
, last 3-6 months or longer if an extension is requested by the client, occasionally have the potential to convert to permanent, and compensation is normally up to $35 per hour. Job Functions
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Oversees the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, bank reconciliation, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments. Completes complex reconciliations using Excel and/or Blackline.
- Posting all bank/cash/other transactions in a timely manner which includes but is not limited to; preparing and processing complex journal entries like payroll, accrued payroll, accrued expenses related accounts, depreciation, and other adjustment/reclass entries.
- Payroll processing, checking and analysis on a bi-weekly basis using ADP.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- 401K and HSA reporting and reconciliation.
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and give assistance to auditors.
- Supports Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related (e.g., Finance) with Corporate or Public Accounting experience required
- Intermediate to Advanced level Excel skills required
- Experience working with large data-set reconciliations required
- ERP experience required - QuickBooks AND/OR NetSuite strongly preferred.