Accounts Payable Specialist
Tinton Falls, NJSUMMARY/OBJECTIVE
Process invoices and payment weekly for a high volume, multi-company Accounts Payable department.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Receive, process, verify approvals, and reconcile incoming invoices. Approximately 200-250/week.
- Code invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc., with appropriate general ledger code or job number to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Batch and process weekly check runs
- Attach supporting documentation such as purchase orders, bills of laden, packing slips, works orders, etc. to invoices.
- File, scan, and/or maintain departmental mail, invoices, documents, and reports.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with vendor statements in a professional manner.
- Assist in audits, month end processes, and other projects as needed.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- General math skills
- Detail orientated
- Ability to multi-task
- Problem solving skills
- Good time management
- 2-5 years' experience in the field or in a related field
: High School, GED, or equivalent