Job ID: 428559
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!Position Overview
Responsible for timely processing and payment of all invoices, miscellaneous vouchers, and check request per department policy and procedures.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the data entry for all vendor invoices, expense reports, and miscellaneous vouchers.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices/expense reports and recording entries.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Initiates payments to vendors by scheduling and preparing checks.
- Research and answer questions from vendors and department managers.
- Proactively work with other departments to obtain required approvals and other documentation.
- Process incoming mail and prepare checks for mailing.
- Comprehensive understanding of best-practice accounts payable processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparing AP accrual.
- Accurately deliver results individually and as a key team member in a fast paced, high volume culture.
- Ability to adapt to changing and process driven environment.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Education/Experience
- Some college preferred, High School Degree required or GED.
- Two (2) years' experience in data processing environment or 1 year(s) plus experience with full cycle accounts payables.
- Must have excellent alpha/numeric data entry skills.
- Able to read and/ or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office (Word and Excel), e-mail and an attitude for learning new software.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and MS Office with an emphasis in Excel.
- Ability to meet individual deadlines, as well as work collaboratively with team to help them meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, e-mail communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require periodically lifting objects up to 30 lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Normal office work environment.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.