Gift Management Asia Pte. Ltd. (Giift) drives the largest and more progressive global loyalty marketplace. Giift innovative loyalty technology turns rewards programs into fungible currencies. Giift operates in more than 50 countries, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Wuhan, Nairobi, Dubai, Jakarta, Mumbai, Colombo, Doha, and Dhaka.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager Finance who will be based at Giift office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Assistant Manager Finance will be responsible in assisting Giift centralized finance operations team in Colombo, Sri Lanka, in executing daily finance and accounting duties. He/She can expect a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
• Preparation of audit schedules and managing statutory audits
• Monthly expense analytics
• Review all transactions and payment functions to ensure that they are complete and accurate
• Periodic review of internal controls & procedures
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and related schedules
• Preparation of monthly MIS report
• Statutory, internal, tax & transfer pricing audits
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports for management and the board
• Analyze financial information
• Suggest ways to improve efficiency
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
• Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
• Support month-end and year-end closure process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to improve financial procedures to avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Minimum 3-year experience in an accounting environment is a must
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages i.e., QuickBooks, Sage etc
• Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Part/full accounting qualification will be preferred.