We're looking for an enthusiastic Senior Analyst to join our Audit and Assurance division and be responsible for external audit engagements across metro and regional South Australia. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of Australian clients across various industries including sporting, not-for-profit, commerce and other listed companies. This an exciting time to join our growing firm with the recent of appointment of a CEO as we aim to strengthen our people expereince and strive to be an employer of choice.
As an experienced Senior Analyst you will also be responsible for supervising junior staff during engagements and proofing their work to ensure it meets the internal quality and Australian Auditing Standards. Our collaborative team, lead by experienced Partners and Senior Managers, will provide all the support with your career at Pitcher Partners SA.
Key responsibilities will include:
What you bring
- Ability to read, interpret and follow audit planning programs
- Conduct external audit fieldwork including the drafting of reports and present audit findings
- Undertake field work for financial and compliance audits including interim and final testing
- Prepare work papers in accordance with Audit Methodology, preparation of clear and concise reports
- Fully utilise Audit software program Caseware and coach junior staff on usage
- Prepare statutory financial statements and have basic understanding of tax computations including tax journals and financial statement disclosures
- Apply computer simulations and computer assisted techniques in performing audit engagements
- Draft technical memorandums for manager and partner for review
- Draft management letter and Report to Those Charged with Governance
- Mentor and provide direction to junior team members to deliver exceptional service including review of work
- Liaise with manager to ensure jobs are reviewed and completed on time
You are an established Auditor with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar sized Public Practice firm and hold a CA or CPA designation. Risk & Compliance experience is an added advantage for this role.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods.
- An understanding of Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements.
- Intimate understanding of clients and our business, suggesting ways we can improve the clients, or our own, processes and procedures.
- Broad commercial expertise and judgement as well as excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to write technical letters and reports with a high attention to detail
- Ambition to develop as a leader with strong communication skills and time management skills
- Previous experience with Xero and CaseWare is desirable.
Some out of hours work and to travel to client premises will be required.Why we're the right fit for you
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It's a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners' is one of Australia's Top 10 Accounting Firms in Australia and aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you'll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you, and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
With a client base that includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Close interaction with partners
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development
- A supportive social environment and community projects
- Assess to fleixble work arrangements
- Purchased leave programm
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners by clicking the APPLY NOW
button to submit your resume and supporting cover letter. All prospective enquiries can be directed to Sofia Samson by emailing email@example.com.NOTE:
- In line with current public health advice, interviews may be conducted virtually, and the successful candidate may commence working from home.
- All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.