Finance Fast Stream
Strong financial management and placing finance at the heart of senior decision making is vitally important in the Civil Service. As a Finance fast streamer, you will work in some of the most fascinating, high-profile environments in government and will be part of a 10,000-strong finance community.
You'll help shape the government's financial policy and make sure that public services are delivered effectively and efficiently, whilst also gaining a professional accountancy qualification.
What will you experience?
You’ll have the opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders both inside and outside of government from day one. You’ll build relationships and help to put finance at the heart of the decision-making process.
Once you finish the scheme, you'll be a fully qualified accountant. Promotion and successful completion of the scheme will see you earn around £45k to £55k.
What you’ll learn
You’ll get support to become Civil Service finance professional, including:
- Cross-government projects to gain a broad range of technical skills
- A buddy to help you prepare to join the Fast Stream, and to settle you into the department
- A qualified and trained mentor and cohort leader
- A professional accountancy qualification
- Opportunity to meet members of the professional bodies, including their current students and recently qualified accountants
- Free registration and annual membership with the professional body and tuition provided.
- Paid for learning materials, tuition, exams and any exemption fees, plus study leave.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- you need, or expect to have, 2:1 or higher in any degree subject
- Existing civil servants can apply without a degree
What benefits will you enjoy?
You’ll have a unique chance to work on issues that really matter, and to gain experience internally and externally. It’s the best foundation for promotion and long-term progression.
Other benefits include the Civil Service pension scheme, professional qualifications, flexible working, season ticket loans, sports and social activities, child care assistance and more.