My client is seeking to appoint 2 assistant accountants to support various internal projects. The role will be based in Newcastle and be on a hybrid working basis.
Leading organisation based in Newcastle.
1. To prepare monthly budget holder reports, including variance analysis and ad-hoc reports, as
requested by the Senior Financial Reporting Manager
2. Prepare routine month end accruals and prepayments with reference to appropriate source
3. Assist in preparing key financial data for the management information suite.
4. Assist in preparing monthly financial returns.
5. Prepare data which supports reporting to Board and Directors Group
6. Assist in the preparation and submission of returns on performance to internal and
external customers and produce ad-hoc reporting in response to the needs of internal teams
* Essential - AAT Qualifications or similar
* Desirable - Educated to A level or degree level standard and willing to train towards a
recognised professional accountancy qualification, such as ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA
2. Essential Skills/Experience:
* Diligent approach, eye for detail and good analytical skills (including Excel)
* Good writing skills
* Knowledge of relevant systems and controls especially general ledger
* Technical accountancy knowledge
An excellent day rate is available for the successful candidate for an initial 6 month period.