Job ID: 423460
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.Job Description Summary:
The Accounting Assistant role is a skilled position requiring the employee to perform a wide variety of accounting and office support functions including but not limited to:
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Match receivers to PO's
- Follow up on vendor issues
- Review and clear statements
- Prepare accruals at month end
- Review hourly hauler ticket entry and post payments weekly
- Code incoming service invoices and route for approval
- Prepare and post contract invoices
- Make Collections calls to customers as needed
- Prepare, post and reconcile subcontractor payments
- Prepare subcontractor lien releases
- Assist with cost reporting
- High School or 2 year college degree (preferred)
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting function
What CRH Offers You
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- There are occasional visits to the storage area in which case safety rules must be followed
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.