As a Faculty Finance Manager, you will be working within the Faculty of Environment, you will contribute directly to the development and implentation of the Faculty's financial strategy; identifying and managing financial risks. You will ensure that all aspects of the busy finance office incorporating financial plans, forecasts, statutory returns, monthly accounts are prepared effectively, robustly and accurately.
My client is an organisation within the higher education sector, renowned globally for the quality of its teaching and research, based in the centre of Leeds with a diverse community of talented people. They have achieved awards in Equality and inclusion, HR Excellence and are proud to hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award.
As Faculty Finance Manager, your main duties will include:
* Providing sound financial advice and expertise to colleagues across the Faculty, advising, guiding and influencing Faculty strategic and operational decision making appropriately.
* Working with the Head of Faculty Finance to formulate the Faculty's financial strategy ensuring it is aligned to the Faculty's strategic plan.
* Supporting the effective implementation of the Faculty's financial strategy ensuring that financial risks are identified and managed appropriately.
* Delivering robust, sustainable five year financial plans on an annual basis with underpinning effective budget monitoring and control.
* Managing the process and delivery of financial related activities including; statutory returns, investment and project appraisals, Due Diligence, contract reviews and agreements.
* Managing the Faculty finance team, taking responsibility for workload, developing and motivating the team, undertaking annual staff appraisal meetings and ensuring team members receive appropriate guidance and training. In conjunction with Faculty HR where necessary, effectively supporting the wellbeing of team members and managing the performance of the team.
* Ensuring financial regulations and procedures and other financial guidelines are followed at all times.
* Assisting Head of Faculty Finance and deputising for them where necessary at a local and central level. Establishing strong links with other Faculties and other professional services and participating in meetings to build and maintain a network of contacts, contributing to the mutual exchange of information;
* Taking responsibility for driving the continuous improvement of processes and ensuring any changes are effectively implemented across the Faculty.
As Faculty Finance Manager, you will have:
* A CCAB (CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) qualification or be qualified by substantial relevant experience.
* Demonstrable skills and experience in delivering high quality management accounting through exceptional business partnering.
* Line management experience with an enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to managing and developing staff.
* Experience in managing complex funding and financial regimes and scenarios.
* The ability to interpret data strategically and influence decision making.
* Resilience and organisational skills with the proven ability to plan and prioritise work and to deliver in a fast paced demanding environment whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* The ability to analyse and problem solve, providing solutions working within financial rules and regulations.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build credibility and trust with a wide range of people.
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
* High level Skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular excel.
* Commitment to your own personal professional development.
Faculty Finance Manager:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 7.5 days
- highly competitive pension (there are different schemes but employer contribution can vary between 10%- 20%!)
- Salary is up to £50,000 depending on experience
- They also offer a flexible hybrid working pattern- a couple of days in the office, the majority at home.