- Are you a CA qualified Finance Business Partner looking for your next challenge?
For over 150 years MetService has kept New Zealanders informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With a global reputation for using science and technology to creatively solve weather challenges and deliver scientific meteorological services and products, MetService has been recognised as one of New Zealand's most trusted public-sector organisations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to be the go to person for all things finance and commercial for our Digital team. You will provide both technical and strategic advice to managers to support our Digital team to ensure we are maximising our investments in technology, and building our financial management capability in our cost centre managers.
You will also contribute to reviewing contractual arrangements in conjunction with the Commercial Manager - Finance, and legal.
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience in a similar role.
- An accounting degree and be CA qualified with 5+ years experience, ideally with an understanding or interest in technology.
- Successful practical experience with completing month end accounting, budgeting and planning cycles.
- A can do attitude, with a successful track record of achieving results.
- Is a true team player; is ready and willing to proactively contribute to a team effort .
- The ability to build trust and maintain strong positive relationships across the business.
- Highly developed analytical skills. Able to take a broad or long-term view of a situation.
- As this role is primarily supporting our Digital team, an understanding of challenging and opportunities relating to Information Technology and Cloud (including cloud cost management) would be highly regarded.
Why join us? We have an amazing team! We enjoy achieving, we appreciate creativity and we recognise everyone's unique skills and qualities. We promote flexible working and we enjoy giving back to our communities through company volunteer days. This allows us to be passionate about what we do; and to deliver products and services that have positive outcomes for our commercial customers and the people of New Zealand.
Applications close: Friday, 15 July 2022 at 5pm
MetService is a member of Diversity Works NZ.