Role Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Direct reports: 4
Vision and Mission
Vision As the pioneering workplace and facilities management body, our vision is to drive change for the future. To be the trusted voice of a distinct profession recognised, beyond the built environment, for its ability to enable people to transform organisations and their performance.
We empower professionals to upskill and reach their potential for a rewarding, impactful career. We do this by advancing professional standards, offering guidance and training, developing new insights and sharing best practice.
The company has a strong culture based on our values
• Confident and Bold
• Human and Inspiring
• Knowledgeable and InSync
• Active and Energetic
We are a Disability Confident employer, Investor in People accredited, Living Wage employer, Good Business Charter employer. We offer charity days along with paid for social events and make efforts to reduce our impact on the planet.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To manage the Finance team to ensure the preparation, review and distribution of accurate and timely financial information for the institute to support decision making, growth and profitability.
Financial Management and Control; Financial Processing
• Exercising strong cash management; cash-flow forecasting
• Managing the operation and improvement of the organisation’s financial controls, including ensuring strong liaison with HR on payroll
• Managing the year-end audit, accounts, tax computation analysis and statutory financial filings
• Managing the provision of quarterly accounts to the Regions and Special Interest Groups
• Management of banking operations; expenses and credit cards; VAT returns; purchase ledger and payments; membership/sales invoicing and cash/debt collection; Special Interest Group/Regional reporting. 2 of 2
• Day to day management of a small, busy Finance team, ensuring objectives are set, aligned to the organisation’s strategy.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Preparation of monthly management accounts with variance analyses and supporting commentary
• Working closely with the directors and managers to manage performance and to control costs.
• Managing the purchase order system, including liaising with managers across the business
• Supporting the financial analysis underlying project proposals; ensuring that developments are effectively managed
• Preparation of supporting financial documentation for the IWFM Board meetings
• Annual Audit – Liaise with auditors and provide documentation and back up where required.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ACCREDITATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, and financial control
• A good understanding of financial management issues and techniques
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a busy team
• Demonstrable experience of finance process improvement
• Excellent IT skills, intermediate excel – VLOOKUP’s, IF statements, Pivot tables.
• Hands on experience of Sage 200.
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics desirable
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the confidence to present financial information to the IWFM Board.
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Commercial approach
• Structured and methodical, with an attention to detail
• Team player who works collaboratively with all departments