As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for leading the company's financial accounting, reporting and control activities and by doing so helping to achieve both Company's aims and strategic objectives.
Our client is a well regarded reputable company with an exciting Financial Controller role.
- Experience in Financial accounting and reporting.
- You will work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure the ISO Standards are compliant.
- Leadership and management of the finance team.
- Oversee the insurance payment subscription model. This includes monthly and annual direct debit and credit card collections
- Recommend changes to improve the companies financial performance and controls.
- Act as the main point of contact to internal group and external auditors for both financial audits and underwriters providing all required information.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the groups accounting records and financial system. Maintain Sage and ensure all updates are carried out.
- Prepare the accurate monthly management accounts and performance reports for senior management in a timely manner.
- Accountable for financial bordereaux, for claims and premiums, including approval.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, cash flows and continue to monitor and review performance against them.
- Act as the main point of contact to internal group and external auditors providing all required information. To include organisation of the annual audit for all companies.
- Relationship Management and financial contact for external Underwriters, including monthly and quarterly updates
- Ensuring all PAYE, VAT and other returns for the Company are calculated accurately and submitted to the HRMC on a timely basis.
- Oversee payroll process from a financial perspective
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Previous experience in roles such as; SME Finance Director, Financial Controller, Assistant Financial Controller
- Experience/ knowledge of the insurance subscription model (customer payments, payment system and direct debit collections) is key.
- Extensive relevant technical and commercial financial experience.
- Track record of leading and developing high performing teams.
- Ability to use systems such as SAGE
- Full and up to date knowledge of accounting legislation and UK GAAP.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A track record of implementing/ leading successful change programmes in finance
- Demonstrable communication skills complete with high standards of accuracy and presentation.
- High levels of IT and internet-literacy, especially in web research, MS Office applications
Competitive salary along with a great culture.