(Temp to Perm) Full Time
Based in Basildon
Waymade have an opportunity for an efficient and professional account assistant to join their Finance Team. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will helping to ensure that the Purchase Ledger is managed and payments are processed accurately.
This will be a varied role and there will be opportunities to become involved with specific projects and schemes of work.
About the role. What you will be doing.
- Management of the day to day accounts of both the Purchase and Sales Ledgers
- Allocating and matching of cash receipts to accounts
- Sending out statements and copy invoices
- Inputting data of new customer accounts
- Raising manual rebate credits
- Debt Collection and Credit Control
- Liaising with staff in order to resolve queries and facilitate payment
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets for outstanding debtors and creditors
- Providing advice and assistance on queries
- Recording invoices
- Providing relevant coding to appropriate cost centres
- Preparing weekly and monthly payments
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining monthly stock reports
- Checking and validaing employee expense claims
- Assisting with the new ERP system
- Filing and administration
What we are looking for - Requirements
- AAT full or part qualified
- Good general standard of education to GCSE level, including English & Maths
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a busy finance role would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of BACS payment system
Applicants will be based in Basildon.
Please apply with a CV and we will get back to you within two working days.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.