Assistant Director of Finance
Our client, a large federal government agency, is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance. You will be part of a team who ensure some of the most vulnerable Australians receive the financial help they need.
Your new Role
- Day rate - $600 p/d
- Hybrid working set up - 2 days working from home
- 12 month contract - possibility to extend
You will have the opportunity to be accountable under broad direction to take on very complex work providing quality solutions and outcomes across the functions of the organisation. You will be working in a team environment supporting the leadership in the planning and coordination of their team. You will also be responsible for resolving issues and risks on a variety of activities involving significant depth and detail. You will also be responsible for coordinating detailed and sensitive projects with a range of activities, involving many unique and unrelated processes.
What you will need to succeed
- Provide technical accounting advice using your knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards and government financial reporting rules and frameworks
- Review and manage the components of the organisation's trial balance using SAP and provide monthly and annual reporting in the CBMS to the Department of Finance
- Deliver the organisation's budget
- Taking a primary role in the preparation of the organisation's financial statements and liaising with ANAO in relation to audit matters
- Delivering a variety of monthly financial reports and analysis
- Work with both internal and external teams to provide technical and general accounting and finance advice
- CA or CPA qualified with 8 years or more relevant and recent financial roles and experience
- A good understanding and knowledge of AASB accounting standards and frameworks and PGBA Act reporting requirements
- Experience liaising with external auditors
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder engagement skills
- Government financial statement preparation or audit experience preferably using the Commonwealth reporting frameworks
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.